We live in a constantly changing world. With the onset of westernization and globalization, the lifestyle, working and eating habits of people have been impacted to a great extent. Yoga is the science of well-being and the study of maintaining the mental and physical health of the mankind. It is known to have originated 5000 years ago in India.
India is following a trend of other developing countries that are steadily becoming more obese. According to a study published in the noted journal Lancet, India is just behind US and China in this global hazard list of top 10 countries with highest number of obese people. According to WHO, ‘Obesity has reached epidemic proportions globally, with at least 2.8 million people dying each year as a result of being overweight or obese’ and America’s Obesity Epidemic, an American campaign about obesity; expresses their concern and reveals that ‘two-thirds of adults and nearly one-third of children struggle with overweight and obesity’.
Yoga is an impressive tool that initiates weight loss in individuals. Not only this, yoga is useful in curing various deadly diseases like cancer, paralysis and diabetes too. Various yoga poses like Pose Dedicated to the Sage Marichi I: Marichyasana I, Seated Forward Bend: Paschimottanasana, Upward Plank Pose: Purvottanasana, Upward-Facing Dog Pose: Urdhva Mukha Svanasana and Warrior II Pose: Virabhadrasana II helps in burning fat, building muscle tone, and giving you more flexibility.
Many more asans or poses are directed towards reducing fat only in specific parts of the body.
- Bharadvajasana or Seated Twist Pose: Practicing the pose helps in improving the natural flexibility of the upper body and also tone the shoulder blades.
- Simhasana or Lion pose: It should be practiced approximately 2 minutes to reduce the facial fat.
- Chaturanga Dandasana or Four-Limbed Staff Pose, Low Plank Pose: It should be regularly practiced to tone the arms and strengthen the biceps and triceps.
- Ardha Pincha Mayurasana or Dolphin pose: This pose helps in strengthening and toning the biceps, triceps, and arms.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana or Downward Dog Pose: It should be practiced approximately 6-6 minutes to reduce arm fat.
- Urdhva Mukha Svanasana or Upward Facing Dog Pose: This asana involves stretching the arm muscles and balancing the body weight to be fit and healthy.
- Jalandhara Bandha: It is specifically for Thyroid patients to reduce the jawline to the perfect size.
- Ardha Matsyendrasana: The intense twist on either sides helps in toning the sides, the upper body, as well as the abdominal muscles.
- Naukasana or Boat Pose: With its regular practice, one can easily shed off all the extra belly fat within no time.
Yoga teacher training, India courses are offered by various professional institutes but Rishikul Yogshala is the pioneering and top-rated institute in Rishikesh, India that offers quality education to all the enthusiasts who wish to pursue yoga as their career.